Tuesday Tales and What's Candy?

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.
A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image.  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds. This week our group writes to the word- candy.  This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary.

Enjoy!~

 

“I’m not trying to be arm candy. I’m the real deal, more real than I want to be. I hurt, and no matter how I try not to let you hurt me, I can’t help it.” Conner took a sip of his beer, not even looking at me.

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“I just want to know one thing, Rachel. Do you even love me? Or, am I some kind of crutch to get you through the rough spots?”

“Rough spots, seriously? What the hell do you think I’m doing, playing with your heart on purpose?”

“I don’t know. The girl I grew up with took better care of other people’s feelings. You have a huge responsibility, probably just as big as my medical duties.”

“Oh, c’mon don’t compare us, I could never do what you do. You carry so much knowledge and proficiency, I’m sometimes dwarfed by your intelligence and humbled by your depth.”

“I admire you. Your teaching skills, the way you work with those kids, making them each feel important, I think it’s incredible.”

“Each of those little people matter in this big world. I want to make sure they know that.”

“Okay, will you ever make me feel like I matter in this big world?”

“You do matter in this world.”

“I don’t give a damn about the entire world, all that matters is you, and what I am to you.”
Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of candy Tuesday Tales Main Page

 


 
 

 


 




 

 

 

Comments

Karen Cino said…
You left us hanging. I'm looking forward to reading more about these characters.
V.L. Locey said…
Great snippet! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jillian said…
Love the first line and great use of the word prompt. The last line was also a great one! Can't wait for more.
Love the way she sidestepped that big question. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Men And Cats said…
Very nice blog you have hhere

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!