My Medicated Mid-Life Week 6 on Humira


My Medicated Mid-Life

Humira- Injection #3


Today, I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill. I even jogged some during my more motivating songs. I logged approximately 2 miles.

My right shin hurt on occasion during some foot strikes on the faster paces. Not enough to make me stop though.

I also had to stretch my arms behind my back and retract my shoulder blades when it felt like my upper body was “balling up”.

But, it’s been probably a year since I’ve been on the treadmill, and certainly at least a year since I jogged. I felt liberated from the bonds my disease had placed upon my body.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t one hundred percent, but, I’m learning to live with small goals and accomplishments. The Humira isn’t a miracle drug. I took the injection on Friday evening. Saturday, I woke with a slightly sore throat and fatigue. Sunday, I woke up around 3am with body aches. I took Etodolac,
an NSAID drug, and went back to sleep. I had a full day on Sunday at one of my favorite bookstores. Sunday night, I needed more Etodolac, but, I managed to get up at 5am Monday for work and didn’t feel the usual pains rocketing through my joints.

Getting up at 5am was a huge accomplishment. My fatigue seems lessened, my body rebelling less from the alarm clock.  I remain cautiously optimistic. I’m going on week 6 of Humira treatments.

I’ll keep you posted.

Namaste

“Our bodies remind us it’s essential to keep moving.

And, yes, it does matter.” -Davee Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray