Tuesday Tales - Going to the Lake


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.



A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image.  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds. This week our group writes to the word- lake This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary, What the Storm Didn't Take.

Enjoy!~







She loves gerbera daisies and Indian Paintbrush flowers. One is free in the middle of any field or roadside in the Oklahoma spring, the other you can get at the local grocery store for under ten bucks a dozen, it’s completely worth either way you choose, but, do this often, because I’ve never seen a girl more excited to see fresh flowers. The way she smiled when I gave them to her always made my heart swell a little more.


She may argue with you over the way you sort laundry, so, it’s best to let her just do it. I threw my clothes in a separate hamper, and if she wanted to wash my jeans, so be it. Otherwise, I just did my own and left her clothes alone. It’s another one of those things not worth a cross word.


She might enjoy spontaneous weekend getaways, but, leave some kind of hint beforehand. Believe me, the way she stressed about packing taught me to give her some kind of heads up. But, do this a couple of times per year. You’re both gonna need the time away from the routine, and recharge your love and batteries. She always enjoyed a river more than anything else- said that some of her best times were fishing on a riverbank. She loves the simple things. We always enjoyed going to the lake. We could lose our troubles in the clay or sand of the local beach.


She’ll never ask for you to rub her shoulders, but, when she tenses up, you’ll see it in her face and the way she quietly shrugs a few times in the evening before bedtime. Please rub out those old kinks and help her relax. She enjoys teaching her kiddos, but, it’s a helluva job to be responsible for developing so many young minds. I praise her often for her efforts. I could never do it, and stand in awe she does it so lovingly every day of school.


Speaking of school, as the end of the year approaches, Rachel will cry softly when she thinks you aren’t looking, and she will be sad. Remind her the baby birds are prepared to the leave the nest for a fun summer and advancing on to the next grade because of her efforts and how much she loves them. She takes on those kids as if they’re her own.


Rachel isn’t a complicated woman. She is a magnificent example of kindness and the best of humanity. I don’t need to tell you everything, because if you’ve gotten this far with her, you already feel it down to your core how amazing she is.


Take care of her, and I mean take care of her. She is my world, even after death. I hate like hell I even need to write this damn message. But, I don’t want her to be alone going through life. I want someone by her side who loves her almost as much as I do. It’s weird, but, somehow, I have a feeling she’s loved deeply before I came along. I can’t prove it, but, she’s opened her heart and practiced falling in love at least once. I’m happy if she did, because it only shows what I’ve known all along- she loves harder than any woman I’ve ever met. Whoever that guy was, he was just as unlucky and lucky as any man alive. Lucky she loved him, but, unlucky he couldn’t keep her. Hopefully, he never knows what a gem he missed.




Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of lake  Tuesday Tales Main Page














Comments

Reminds me of the letter I had in Hello Again. Well done.
Ooh, I got goosebumps from this. It's so incredibly lovely!
Jillian said…
beautiful. Very nicely done.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!